If you were asked to sit down and make a list of the qualities some of the best leaders you’ve ever had all possessed what would your list look like? Here is Ron Edmondson’s list.
Originally posted by Ron Edmondson
All my life I’ve been a wisdom seeker. I have had some great leadership influence in my life. Beginning with my high school principal when I was student body president and a man in retail who took interest in me in college, I’ve been blessed with good role models.
Looking back, the best leaders I ever had shared some common traits.
Ten Common Traits among the Best Leaders I Ever Had
1. Believed in me more than I believed in myself.
2. Were available to me when I needed them.
3. Asked good questions of me.
4. Challenged me to be better than I thought I could be.
5. Encouraged my dreams, while equally providing for me a sense of reality.
6. Had a character worthy of following.
7. Were skillful and competent, but not arrogant or self-serving.
8. Continued to learn personally.
9. Were visionary and challenged mediocrity.
10. Kept their word, but didn’t over-commit themselves.
Would you add any to my list from the best leaders in your life?